- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet, smoked paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Char the red bell pepper over a flame until it’s blackened all around. Place it in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°. Put tomatoes and garlic in a pan with 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper; toss, and place in oven for an hour (occasionally toss the tomatoes).
Once red pepper has cooled, remove plastic wrap and peel off the charred skin.
Put bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic, and their oil in a food processor with nuts, sherry vinegar, sweet, smoked paprika, cayenne, and lemon juice. Start up the processor and slowly pour in remaining oil. Salt and pepper to taste.